Global China Academy
The Global China Institute (GCI, former name CCPN Global, charity No.: 1154640, an affiliate member of The Academy of Social Sciences), is a UK-based academic institution that aims to promote the study of China in comparative perspective in all aspects, and to participate in the building and governance of a global society. As a bridge between China and the rest of world, the Chinese and the non-Chinese, GCI produces both global public good and global public goods to serve for all mankind. It consists of the following departments which also participate in different professional activities separately as independent brands.
Global Century Press (GCP company No.: 8892970), a subsidiary trading company of Global China Institute, is the first publisher in the world dedicated to publishing social scientific and humanities academic and popular books bilingually, focusing on studies of China in comparative perspective, Chinese perspectives of the world or human knowledge, and non-Chinese perspectives of China in a global context. It publishes a range of publications, from academic journals, edited volumes from selected conference papers and theme-based articles, to research monographs, book series, teaching and learning material of Chinese for social sciences, and reference books. The works are published in various forms, such as print, electronic versions, video, audio, on internet and mobile internet. More…
Global China Thinktank is a knowledge-based think tank that exists to create a public platform for social consultancy in a global society. It is initially formed by ‘Knowledge transfer’ and ‘Public engagements’ of CCPN Global.Instead of transferring a particular knowledge to a specific field. Global China Thinktank is specially keen to transfer knowledge of Chinese social sciences and humanities into a global society, as a kind of ‘global transfer of knowledge’, or ‘globalization of knowledge’ from China and the Chinese perspectives. More…>
Global China Dialogue (GCD) annual forums emphasise the concepts of transculturality and social creativity in seeking to enhance public understanding of global affairs and common interests via public dialogue and discussion between Chinese and non-Chinese academics, experts, professionals and practitioners and interested laypeople, from interdisciplinary and comparative perspectives. Topics of dialogue will range from China development, education, language and culture to government and politics, economics, migration, the family, climate change, the environment, public health, and human security, and global governance, etc.More…
Global China Social Enterprise explores mechanisms for the sustainable development of non-profit organizations throughout the world. It was initialised jointly by CCPN Global and UVIC Group which undertakes all the business for the Global China Institute, from fund raising, venue rental, registration, media campaigns, publication and printing of related materials, to social consultancy. More…
The Global China Ecommerce provides a platform for Global China Institute related organizations to conduct their business and complete transactions electronically. It is used by the following organizations:Global China Institute, CCPN Global, Journal of China in Comparative Perspective, Global China Dialogue, Global China Press, Global China Unit, Global China Limited, Global China Ecommerce. More…
Global China Institute’s features
- A UK-based Unique Academic Institute that aims to promote the study of China in comparative perspective in all aspects, and to participate in the building and governance of a global society.
- The sole English and Chinese Bilingual Website in the English Speaking World on China from Social Sciences, Humanities & Comparative Perspectives
- The only Global Network and Peer-reviewed Academic Journal for Social Sciences, Humanities & Comparative Studies on China in the World
- The First Publisher in the World Dedicated to Publishing Social Scientific and Humanities Academic and Popular Books Bilingually in a Global Context
- A knowledge-based Thinktank Aiming to Bring Resources from China, Chinese and Comparative Studies for Participation in Shaping a Global Society
- A Global Dialogue with the Concepts of Transculturality and Social Creativity to Enhance Public Understanding of Global Affairs and Participating in Global Governance
- A Social Enterprise Explores Mechanisms for the Sustainable Development of Non-profit Organizations Throughout the World
- A Ecommerce Provides a Platform for Global China Institute Related Organizations to Conduct Their Business and Complete Transactions Electronically.
Global China Institute supports
The Campaign for Social Science was launched by the Academy of Social Sciences and supported by UK’s major universities and institutions.
The Campaign for Languages Speak to the Future was initiated by the British Academy as part of its Language and Quantitative Skills Programme
全球中国智库 (Global China Unit) 是一个从事以知识为基础的建设全球社会的社会咨询的公共平台，也是一个通过中国和华人以及与其他国家和地区做比较研究资源的知识顾问 (knowledge consulting) 及活动来参与型塑全球社会的民间智库。它来自于全球中国比较研究会的“知识转化”和“公共参与”两部分内容。既包括把某种特定的知识转化到某一个具体的领域，“全球中国智库“更强调是把中国的社科和人文知识转化到全球社会来，即中国、华人以及中国比较的视野视野的“知识的全球转化”，或曰“知识全球化”。更多…
- 创办一种致力于探讨全球社会的非营利组织可持续发展机制的 社会企业